Obtaining a marriage license to be married in Clark County, NV is simple which is why so many couples come to the “wedding capital of the world” to be married!
Las Vegas Downtown Office Marriage Bureau Hours
201 East Clark Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89155-1603
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 (Midnight)
There is also an office located in Henderson, NV:
240 S. Water Street
Henderson, NV 89015
An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:
- Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
- Foreign government issued ID card, including driver’s license (must include birth date)
- Matricula Consular Card
- Military Identification Card or Military Dependant Identification Card
- Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card
- Voter Identification Cards (must contain birth date)
- Birth Certificate and a secondary form of identification that contains the name and picture of the applicant such as: Gaming/Sheriff’s Work Card, Employee ID card/badge, Membership card from establishment requiring ID for membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.), Credit Card
Marriage License Requirements:
Requirements for U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens are the same.
Applicants must be a male and a female, at least 18 years of age, and not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
Applicants may be required to prove their age. Those not having acceptable identification to prove age may be refused a marriage license. (Faxed copies, damaged identification, privately issued I.D., check cashing cards or photocopies of identification are unacceptable.)
Social Security Numbers are required on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. Please know your Social Security Number. Those without knowledge of their Social Security Number may be refused a marriage license. It is recognized that non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.
There is no blood test and no waiting period after a license is issued.
Are required to know the Month/Day/Year/City and State of their divorce. The divorce must be final and filed with the courts in the state or country granted. You are not required to bring the divorce decree.
Minor applicants, ages 16 or 17 must have consent of a parent or legal guardian
The fee for a marriage license is $55.00 CASH. Correct change is appreciated.
In order to have a legal marriage, a ceremony must be performed in the State of Nevada within one year from date of issuance of the marriage license by any person licensed or authorized to perform ceremonies in Nevada.
For additional information, please visit the marriage bureau website.