Las Vegas is no longer just known for its $1.99 breakfast and terrible buffets of the 1990s. We’ve finally gained respect as a culinary town and I could not be happier!
Bride and grooms have so many options when selecting their rehearsal dinner location that it can be exciting yet overwhelming! From a traditional sit down restaurant to a non traditional venue like a wine bar or bowling alley, the Las Vegas bride and groom have plenty of options.
Here are a few of my favorites:
Bootlegger Bistro – 24 hour comfortable and cozy Italian restaurant only 5 minutes from Mandalay Bay
Brio Tuscan Grille – located at Town Square and has a replica of the Roman Coliseum that may be curtained off for private functions
Cafe Ba Ba Reeba – located at the Fashion Show Mall. If you’re early enough, you’ll be able to make Happy Hour for Sangria and tapas.
Daniel Boulud Brasserie – beautiful French brasserie inside Wynn Las Vegas. Enjoy the Lake of Dreams show while you dine; large private dining room available. 1 Michelin star, 2008
Dos Caminos – modern Mexican restaurant inside Palazzo Las Vegas. Private dining room available. Known for their mouthwatering guacamole.
Fadó Irish Pub – located in Henderson. Upstairs space available for private parties. Grab a pint, some cheese dip, and celebrate your upcoming wedding the Irish way!
Hostile Grape (Wine Cellar, Bar, Tasting Room) – located at M Resort on the South side. Sample 1, 3, or 5 ounce pours.
Maggiano’s – family style Italian restaurant located in the Fashion Show Mall. Private dining rooms available.
Red Square – Russian restaurant located in Mandalay Bay. Dinner, caviar and vodka. Private vodka vault: Experience the frozen icebar with over 200 frozen vodkas and martinis
Shibuya – the best Japanese restaurant here in town (according to my father – former Bay Area Japanese restaurant owner) is located at MGM Grand. Prepare the plastic with your highest limit prior to making reservations.
Ventano – Italian restaurant and oyster bar located in Henderson. Sweeping views of the city
Vintner Grill – Italian restaurant located in Summerlin
VIP Bowling Lanes at Red Rock Casino – private suites may be reserved with catering and bottle service.
Due to the demand, Las Vegas has realized the need for a dedicated salesperson or sales team for private/group dining or a catering department and many restaurants now have that available.
A few things to keep in mind when planning your rehearsal dinner.
- When making reservations for a large group, you will be required to guarantee your reservation with a credit card and contract.
- You’ll be required to select a menu and your guests won’t be able to order off the regular dinner menu
- The majority of restaurants don’t have an option for a hosted bar package. Beverages are mainly charged on consumption.
- There may be a limit on your time there (usually 2 – 3 hours).
- You will be required to give the restaurant a guarantee (guest count) 3 business days to two weeks prior to your event so treat it as an event and ask your guests to rsvp.
- Unless you’re in a private dining room, speeches and toasts may not be allowed so plan accordingly
- Sales tax and an automatic gratuity of at least 20% will be added to your bill