I’m a big advocate of education. As a wedding professional, it is my job to constantly learn and continue my education as well as educate brides, grooms, and other professionals in the industry. Back in February, I wrote a post about the roles of your wedding planner, catering manager, and banquet manager after repeatedly hearing people mistakenly say “wedding coordinator” when they mean “catering manager”. If you missed it, check it out here.
Be sure to also check out these other blog posts from other wedding professionals and wedding planners from around the world:
- Cindy Johnson of Toronto based Platinum Events Group discusses how a bride and groom should choose a destination wedding planner as well as the value of a wedding coordinator & wedding planner. Also read her post on What is Wedding Day Coordination?
- Robyn Bomar of Mix Mingle Glow discusses What “Day of Coordination” Is (and is NOT).
- Liene Stevens of Blue Orchid Designs has a great Wedding Vendor Hiring Guide:: Wedding Planner.
- Sasha Souza: How is a professional wedding designer different from other wedding vendors who do event planning?
- Amber from Amber Events and her Top Tips and 10 things to know about Wedding Planners
- Terrica of Fabuluxe™, Inc. discusses Why You Should Let Your Wedding Vendors Do Their Jobs