I just learned about a really cool event taking place tomorrow in Downtown Las Vegas. It’s the Downtown Diamond Dash hosted by The Jewelers! Over 600 couples will compete to win a $15,000 Natalie K diamond ring! Check out the details below!
– Event Name: The Jewelers Downtown Diamond Dash
– When: Saturday, September 17, 2011 @ 10 a.m.
– Description: A one-day, real world treasure hunt through downtown
– Prize: $15,000 Natalie K diamond ring
– Where: The Jackie Gaughan Plaza at El Cortez
– Over 600 couples will answer riddles and complete challenges right from their cell phones as they follow clues throughout the downtown area.
– It’s completely free to play.
– Following the event, there will be an awards ceremony at LVCS where the winners will be announced.
– The event will benefit the Three Square Food Bank.
Official Press Release:
Las Vegas, NV, 9/12/2011 — Buying an engagement ring can be a daunting task. But instead of letting the cost of a diamond ring put their engagement on hold, local Las Vegas couples now have a new way to find a ring to put on her finger.
They’re using location-based, mobile gaming technology.
“We wanted to do something for the community that nobody else was doing” said Natalie Yerushalmi, Vice President of Marketing at The Jewelers, Inc.. “By embracing this new technology, we’re able to give away a beautiful diamond ring in a way that’s fun for everyone.”
The Jewelers, Inc. is the first Las Vegas jeweler to partner with the Google-backed mobile gaming company, SCVNGR. By developing a location-based game accessible via mobile phone, The Jewelers, Inc. is giving couples the ability to follow clues from their cell phones throughout the city in search of a $15,000 diamond ring hidden somewhere in downtown Las Vegas.
In addition, this event benefits the Three Square Food Bank. Participants are encouraged to bring donations to support Three Square’s efforts to increase awareness about hunger in the Las Vegas area and start to close the hunger gap.
To sign up for a chance to find the ring, couples are required to submit their love stories at www.VegasDiamondDash.com The diamond ring to be hidden is currently on display at The Jewelers, Inc. along with details on how to play. The Jewelers, Inc. is located at 2400 Western Avenue in Las Vegas.
On September 17th, The Jewelers Downtown Diamond Dash participants will meet in downtown Las Vegas to begin the hunt. Teams of two will use their mobile phones to complete a series of challenges throughout the city in an attempt to earn the most points and win a $15,000 diamond ring.